1.00am – 2 pm A conference taking place as part of the‘Cool Cymru’ Weekend on Saturday 28th September.
* the background to Civil War in Spain - The International dimension – Reaction / Support
• Why did volunteers from around the world, including Wales, head to Spain to defend the Republic and fight fascism ?
• The Welsh contingent of the International Brigade. Who were they?
• Catalonia connection: Ebro, Sitges & the Bombing of Barcelona
• How else was Wales involved in the Civil War ? Captain Archibald Dickson, Nye Bevan MP, Child Evacuees
• The end of the war: Farewell to the International Brigade. Refugees flee to France, Dictatorship & Reprisals
• The ramifications for the world and the Spanish population for the Nationalist victory.
– Francoist Barcelona, Lessons to be learned. ii. Survival of the Welsh & Catalan language’s
– Miquel Strubell iii. Catalan Anthropology – Ricard Conesa